Solid Phase Extraction Common Questions and Answers
Target is not recycled or has low recovery
In a complete SPE operation, the target compound may be present in the sample solution effluent, eluent, eluent or adsorbent. When the “target is not recovered or the recovery rate is low”, the sample solution may be applied to the sample solution. Add the standard solution, then perform the complete SPE operation and collect and analyze the sample effluent, eluent and eluate separately, first determine which part of the target compound is present, and then determine which problem from the following:
1. Insufficient retention of the target on the adsorbent;
2. The target is not completely eluted;
3. Other links
1. When more than 5% of the target compound is present in the sample effluent or eluent, it can be concluded that “the target compound is not sufficiently retained on the adsorbent”. Here are some improvements to the specific reasons:
2. When the target compound does not appear in the sample solution effluent and eluent and there is only a small amount or no appearance in the eluate, it can be judged that “the target is not completely eluted”.
Here are some improvements to the specific reasons:
3. If the target compound normally appears in the eluent, the problem of insufficient recovery should come from other aspects of sample preparation.